If you are looking for a packaging partner to bring your ideas and brand to life, NAPCO offers one-stop solutions that will support your goals and business. This is our commitment to excellence – we will do whatever is necessary to take care of our customer.
Social Responsibility and Community
Social responsibility is a guiding principle that NAPCO embraces. We believe that supporting our local community of Alleghany County in North Carolina, is an opportunity to share values which make a difference in people’s lives. The company recognizes the talented employees who play an important role in the quality of life in the community.
Here are a few examples of how we give back to our local community:
- Alleghany Wellness Center: Recently we replaced the flooring in 2 multi-purpose rooms in their facility.
- Volunteerism: NAPCO encourages employee volunteerism which allows them the opportunity to share in family/community activities.
- Facilities: NAPCO makes its facilities available to the local high school’s sports events, Veterans of Foreign War’s annual car show, fire department and rescue squad training and various area youth programs.
Scholarships for Education
- PICA (Printing Industries of the Carolinas) Student Achievement Award: NAPCO awards an annual $500.00 scholarship for student with the best college graphic design project.
- Appalachian State University Endowment: NAPCO has two endowed scholarships that award $500.00 each year to two deserving students in the field of graphic arts.
- Alleghany County Scholarship Foundation: Beginning 25 years ago, NAPCO implemented a program that offers a $500.00 scholarship to all high school graduating children of NAPCO employees who further their education through a trade school, community college or four year college or university.
Commitment to Sustainability
NAPCO is dedicated to using renewable and sustainable materials that protect the delicate balance of our planet. At the core of most of our paperboard products is recycled chipboard made from 100% recycled materials (post-consumer and industrial waste).
- Line of Custody Certifications from the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), Certificate No: BV-COC-080313.
- The Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI), BV-SFICOC-US 08000161.
- Certified Sony Green Partner, certification number DADC NA-011235.
- Internal project for recycling resulted in 91% reduction in landfill waste, 150 tons of pre-consumer waste per year
- Manufacturing structural upgrades reducing heating cost by 41%.